Environmental Leadership Awards
Environmental Leadership Awards Nominations
The Regional District of North Okanagan’s (RDNO) Environmental Leadership Awards recognize individuals, groups, organizations and businesses that are promoting sustainability in the North Okanagan. Nominations are accepted from February 1 to April 22 each year with a recognition event in June.
2016 AWARD WINNERS
1. Kala Star Academics and Outdoor School - Keep Kal Lake Blue – video produced by youth
2. Okanagan Landing Elementary School
1. Ed Columbus – Venture Training - video on organization’s sustainability efforts
2. Harold Sellers
1. Back to Earth Enviro Products Inc.
2. Cherryville Artisans Association
|Community Clean Up||Community Wellness/Social Support|
|Invasive Plants Control||Waste Reduction and Recycling|
|Parks and Trails Stewardship||Water Stewardship|
HOW TO NOMINATE
- All nominations will be reviewed by RDNO staff and the winner(s) of each category will be contacted in May. Each winner will be recognized at the June RDNO Board of Directors meeting, and will be featured in the local media.
Please attach additional information if required. Please note: The entire nomination package including the Nomination Form, photograph, and supporting material should not exceed ten (10) single-sided 8.5” x 11” pages. Please do not use staples.
Photo of nominee must be included – to be published in Vernon Morning Star Award Winners Recognition full page advertisement. (Photos need to be 4"x6" at 300 dpi, or 1200 x 1800 pixels, this will usually be a file size of at least 2MB).
Deadline for nominations: Earth Day, April 22
Submit the completed Nomination Form, photograph, and any supporting materials by above date to:
Regional District of North Okanagan
9848 Aberdeen Road
Coldstream, BC V1B 2K9
Email: [email protected]
PAST AWARD WINNERS