Recycling and Disposal Fees
Current Recycling and Disposal Fees for all RDNO Recycling and Disposal Facilities are listed in the Municipal Solid Waste Management Bylaw No. 2572, 2013. This bylaw was amended in December 2013 by the Municipal Solid Waste Management Amendment Bylaw No. 2614, 2013 which deleted Schedule "A" and replaced it with a revised Schedule “A”. A consolidated version of Bylaw No. 2572, 2013 is provided here.
These fees took effect Tuesday, April 1, 2014. The most significant changes for 2014 are as follows:
- an increase in the Refuse disposal fee from $90.50/tonne to $93.00/tonne (the minimum charge for Refuse remains at $3);
- the fee for Construction and Demolition (C&D) waste increased by $4/tonne to $184/tonne;
- the fee for disposal of Regulated Material with refuse (i.e. asphalt roofing, yard and garden waste, glass, scrap metal, wood and Blue Bag recyclables) increased by $4/tonne to $184/tonne;
- the fee for disposing Refuse containing any quantity of drywall increased by $4/tonne to $279/tonne
- the fee for mattresses and box springs increased by $1/unit to $8/unit; and
- the fees for wood waste, yard & garden waste and scrap metal are unchanged.
Please direct enquiries to:
E-mail: [email protected]