Recycling and Disposal Fees
The current Recycling and Disposal Fees are listed in the Municipal Solid Waste Management Amendment Bylaw No. 2572, 2013 and are summarized in Schedule “A” Recycling and Disposal Fees. The 2013 fees took effect Monday, April 8, 2013 and the most significant changes from 2012 are summarized as follows:
- an increase in the Refuse disposal fee from $88/tonne to $90.50/tonne (the minimum charge for Refuse remains at $3);
- the fee for Construction and Demolition (C&D) waste will increase by $20/tonne to $180/tonne;
- the fee for disposal of Regulated Material with refuse (i.e. asphalt roofing, yard and garden waste, glass, scrap metal, wood and Blue Bag recyclables) increases by $20/tonne to $180/tonne;
- the fee for disposing Refuse containing any quantity of drywall increases by $5/tonne to $275/tonne; and
- the fee for mattresses and box springs increases by $1/unit to $7/unit.
Please direct enquiries to: