Greater Vernon Water
Greater Vernon Water
- Over 600 km of Pipe Lines
- 57 Pump Stations
- 83 Water Licenses
- 117 Pressure Reducing Stations
Did you know?
Greater Vernon Water delivers an average of 24 billion litres of water to customers each year, of which 55% is used by agriculture.
Learn about our history:
The Regional District of North Okanagan - Greater Vernon Water (GVW) supplies and delivers water to customers in the City of Vernon, the District of Coldstream, and Electoral Areas “B” and “C”. GVW also supplies and delivers water to customers in Electoral Area “D”, and bulk water to the Township of Spallumcheen.
GVW's primary goal is to ensure the economical supply and distribution of a sufficient quantity and quality of water in the interests of both agricultural and non-agricultural users in the Greater Vernon Community. GVW is committed to protecting public, environmental, and economic health through a comprehensive “source-to-tap” approach. Read more about Water Quality.
Master Water Plan
The original Master Water Plan was undertaken in 2002 and amended in 2004. The purpose of the Master Water Plan is to ensure that our community’s present and future water quality and water supply needs, as well as critical health protection goals are met in an efficient and financially sustainable manner. The Master Water Plan provides direction for the long-term planning and implementation of water system improvements with the provision of continuing the importance of a cost effective agricultural irrigation water supply.
The start of operations at the Duteau Creek Water Treatment Plant marks a significant step towards realizing the domestic water quality improvements envisioned by the Master Water Plan.
GVW is responsible for the supply and distribution of domestic and agricultural water within the Greater Vernon Water service area of the Regional District following the 2003 amalgamation of the water utilities of the City of Vernon, the District of Coldstream and the North Okanagan Water Authority, formerly known as VID, or Vernon Irrigation District.
- Visit the Forms page for commonly requested GVW forms.
- Greater Vernon Water Use and Regulation – Bylaw No. 2545, 2014
- Cross Connection Control Regulation – Bylaw No. 2651, 2014
- Ticket Information Authorization – Bylaw No. 1148, 1993 Consolidated
- Rates – Bylaw No. 2672, 2015
- Metering – Bylaw No. 2155, 2006
- Development Cost Charges – Bylaw No. 1983, 2004
- Greater Vernon Subdivision and Development Servicing – Bylaw No. 2650, 2013
- Greater Vernon Regional Water Supply Local Service Establishment - Bylaw No. 1262, 1994
- Maximum Number of Water Services - Policy ENG-WTR-001
- Utility Acquisition Policy - Policy No. ENG-WTR-002
- Latecomer Procedure - Policy No. ENG 001, and Procedure Manual (includes Application)
Please direct enquiries to:
E-mail: [email protected]