The Regional District of North Okanagan-Greater Vernon Water (RDNO-GVW) supports farming and is committed to providing agricultural water rates that are competitive within the region.
Spring Turn-On and Fall Turn-Off
The 2013 agricultural water service turn-on date is scheduled to begin April 15th with turn-off expected on September 15th.
Applications for Early Turn-On and/or Late Turn-Off:
Apply in person at the Regional District of North Okanagan office, or download the Special Irrigation Application Form and return it to our office. Changes to scheduled turn on/off dates are subject to a fee.
Agricultural Water Rates
Greater Vernon Water customers without “BC Assessment Farm Classification”, but engage in bona fide farming activity may submit the Domestic Appeal for Agricultural Water Rate application. Applications and fees must be submitted to RDNO before February 15 of the applicable year.
Please note the following requirements must be met to qualify for the Agricultural Water Rate:
- Application fee of $50.00 (an additional late fee of $50.00 will apply if applications are received after February 15 of the applicable year)
- For water allocations less than or equal to 0.82 hectares [2 acres], agricultural income must be above $1000
- For water allocations greater than 0.82 hectares [2 acres] agricultural incomes must be above $2500
NOTE: Verification of above agricultural income is required and must be included with every application.
Customers are advised that outside water services (standpipes) will not be turned on until they install a water meter prior to Spring turn-on.
Customers without “Farm Classification” but engaged in bona fide farming activity may wish to submit a Domestic Appeal for Agricultural Water Rate Applications.
Please note the requirements for qualification for the agricultural water rate:
- For water allocations less than or equal to 0.82 hectares (2 acres), agricultural income must be above $1,000.
- For water allocations greater than 0.82 hectares (2 acres), agricultural income must be above $2,500.
Verification of agricultural income levels is required and must be included with every application. Applications received after the deadline will be subject to a non-refundable late fee. Forms may be obtained at the offices of the RDNO, District of Coldstream, and the City of Vernon, or download the Domestic Appeal for Agricultural Water Rate Applications.
Water usage for non-agricultural purposes does not qualify for the agricultural water rate. Customers with a water service metered under the agricultural rate cannot use that water for non-agricultural purposes such as:
- inside the home
- lawns, gardens, and landscaping
Please direct enquiries to: