HomeServicesEngineeringWaterGreater Vernon Water → Agricultural Customers

Agricultural Customers

The Regional District of North Okanagan-Greater Vernon Water (RDNO-GVW) supports farming and is committed to providing agricultural water rates that are competitive within the region.

Spring Turn-On and Fall Turn-Off

The 2015 agricultural water service turn-on date is scheduled to begin April 15th with turn-off expected on September 14th.

Applications for Early Turn-On and/or Late Turn-Off:

Agricultural Water Rates

Greater Vernon Water customers without “BC Assessment Farm Classification”, but engaged in bona fide farming activity may submit the Application for RDNO Farm Classification. Applications and fees must be submitted to RDNO before February 15 of the applicable year.

Please note the following requirements must be met to qualify for the Agricultural Water Rate:

  • Application fee of $60.00 (an additional late fee of $50.00 will apply if applications are received after February 15 of the applicable year)
  • For water allocations less than or equal to 0.82 hectares [2 acres], agricultural income must be above $1000
  • For water allocations greater than 0.82 hectares [2 acres] agricultural incomes must be above $2500

NOTE: Verification of above agricultural income is required and must be included with every application.

Customers are advised that outside water services (standpipes) will not be turned on until they install a water meter prior to Spring turn-on.

Forms may be obtained at the offices of the RDNO, District of Coldstream, and the City of Vernon, or download the Application for RDNO Farm Classification here.

Water usage for non-agricultural purposes does not qualify for the agricultural water rate.  Customers with a water service metered under the agricultural rate cannot use that water for non-agricultural purposes such as:

  • inside the home
  • lawns, gardens, and landscaping
  • workshops
  • outbuildings

Please direct enquiries to:
Phone:  250-550-3700
Fax:      250-550-3701
E-mail:  [email protected]