Water Main Flushing
Greater Vernon Water operates a Water Main Flushing Program in partnership with the City of Vernon and District of Coldstream. Municipal crews are scheduled to perform annual water main flushing in the following locations:
The City of Vernon will be flushing the following areas:
August 10 - September 9, 2016
- Between 28 Street and 32 Street - from 43 Avenue to DND Grounds
- 15 St to Polson Dr
- Hwy 6 to 11 Ave
- Pottery Rd along 18 St over to 25 Ave
- Hwy 97 all the way up to 12 St along 39 Ave
- 21 Ave by Vernon Sr Secondary School over to 39 Ave at 12 St
The District of Coldstream will be flushing the following areas:
August 19 - 23, 2016
- Kalamalka Road - from Coldstream Ranch to Coldstream Creek Road
- Coldstream Creek Road - Kalamalka Road to Cosens Bay Road
- Howe Drive
Flushing signs will be posted in your area when crews are working. Please be considerate of crews and drive carefully in work areas.
When crews are flushing in your area you may notice a reduction in water pressure, additional sediment, or discoloration of the water. During this time, you may choose to boil or not drink the water. Checking your water before doing laundry is strongly advised. For more information, please click here: What is Water Main Flushing?
Flushing removes accumulated sand and silt from the water mains and is a required maintenance process used to improve water quality for public health. If you have any questions about flushing or your water quality, please contact Greater Vernon Water at 250-550-3700.