Master Water Plan
2012 Master Water Plan
The Master Water Plan (MWP) is a detailed water utility study that reviews progress and provides direction for the next 40 years to ensure compliance with Provincial standards to safeguard health and to meet future water needs based on predicted growth.
The Greater Vernon Water (GVW) MWP is a partnership in planning between the Regional District of North Okanagan, City of Vernon, and the District of Coldstream. GVW retained experienced engineers from three different consulting companies in consultation with a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC). The TAC was comprised of Chief Administrative Officers, engineers and water technologists from the RDNO, City of Vernon, District of Coldstream, as well as representatives from the agricultural community, and Interior Health.
Building on previous work, our updated MWP is a living document that continues to be updated by expert engineering analysis and current Okanagan water information and technology.
The plan outlines priority projects to help GVW minimize health risks, comply with regulatory requirements, and reduce the impacts of drought on our community.
The MWP report is comprised of independent Technical Memorandums (TMs) that together, provide a comprehensive plan detailing the background information, engineering analysis and review, and selection of the preferred long-term water system solution for the Greater Vernon area.
- TM Acronyms
- TM1 Domestic & Agricultural Water Demand Forecast
- TM2 Evaluation of Water Supply Source
- TM3 Source Storage and Supply
- TM4 Domestic Water System Analysis
- TM5 Independent Agricultural System
- TM6 Water Conservation Strategies
- TM7 Water Treatment
- TM8 GVW Financial Issues and Principles to Support the Master Water Plan
- TM9 System Separation Option Analysis
- TM10 Financial Plan
Greater Vernon Water 2012 Master Water Plan Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC)
A Greater Vernon Water 2012 Master Water Plan Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) has been established to review the 2012 MWP and provide input from a stakeholder and community perspective which will be considered as part of the 2012 MWP review.
2002 Master Water Plan
- MWP April 2002
MWP Addendum 2004
- AECOM Duteau Creek Water Treatment Plant – Filtration Pilot Testing Report (October 2014)
- Stantec Duteau Creek Water Treatment Plant – Filtration Pilot Testing Report Peer Review Memo (March 12, 2015)
If you have comments, please provide your feedback to [email protected]
Please direct enquiries to:
E-mail: [email protected]