Greater Vernon Water
Greater Vernon Water
- Over 650 km of Pipe Lines
- 57 Pump Stations
- 83 Water Licenses
- 117 Pressure Reducing Stations
Did you know?
Greater Vernon Water delivers an average of 24 billion litres of water to customers each year, of which 55% is used by agriculture.
Learn about our history:
The Regional District of North Okanagan - Greater Vernon Water (GVW) supplies water to customers in the City of Vernon, the District of Coldstream, and Electoral Areas “B” and “C”. GVW also supplies water to customers in Electoral Area “D” and bulk water to the Township of Spallumcheen.
GVW's primary goal is to ensure the economical supply and distribution of a sufficient quantity and quality of water in the interests of both agricultural and non-agricultural users in the Greater Vernon Community. GVW is committed to protecting public, environmental, and economic health through a comprehensive “source-to-tap” approach.
Master Water Plan
The purpose of the GVW Master Water Plan is to provide direction for infrastructure management to ensure that our community’s present and future water quality and water supply needs are met in an efficient and financially sustainable manner.
Visit the Forms page for commonly requested GVW forms. Printed copies of GVW forms are also available at the RDNO Office located at 9848 Aberdeen Road, Coldstream, BC.
Water rates are set by the RDNO Board of Directors. However, customers will receive their water bills via their local municipality or Electoral Area.
- Greater Vernon Water Use and Regulation – Bylaw No. 2545, 2014 Consolidated
- Cross Connection Control Regulation – Bylaw No. 2651, 2014 Consolidated
- Ticket Information Authorization – Bylaw No. 1148, 1993 Consolidated
- Rates – Bylaw No. 2707, 2016
- Greater Vernon Water Metering – Bylaw No. 2678, 2015
- Development Cost Charges – Bylaw No. 1983, 2004
- Greater Vernon Subdivision and Development Servicing – Bylaw No. 2650, 2013
- Greater Vernon Regional Water Supply Local Service Establishment - Bylaw No. 1262, 1994
- Maximum Number of Water Services - Policy ENG-WTR-001
- Utility Acquisition Policy - Policy No. ENG-WTR-002
- Latecomer Procedure - Policy No. ENG 001, and Procedure Manual (includes Application)
- Greater Vernon Water Fire Hydrants on Private Property - Policy No. ENG-WTR-004
- Greater Vernon Water Purchase of Agricultural Water Allocation - Policy No. ENG-WTR-005
Please direct enquiries to:
E-mail: [email protected]