HomeServicesProtective Services → Dog Control

Dog Control

Greater Vernon Dog Parks

Dog parks in Greater Vernon include BX Ranch Park, Forest Tree Plantation, Heritage Natural Area, Mutrie Road Park, DND Grounds, Creekside Park, Mission Hill Park, Pioneer Park, Stenquist Park, Coldstream Valley Estates, Marshall Fields Park, Becker Park, and parts of the Grey Canal Trail.

The Regional District of North Okanagan (RDNO) Dog Control Bylaw No. 2881 provides dog control in the service area, which includes the City of Vernon, District of Coldstream, Village of Lumby, Electoral Areas “B” and “C” and part of Electoral Area “D”.  The bylaw is intended to help improve dog owner responsibility and accountability.  Responsible dog owners make sure their pets are properly cared for, well-socialized, trained and do not pose a threat to humans or other animals.

The BC Commissionaires is contracted by the Regional District to provide dog control services, within the service area, response to dog-related complaints and operation of the pound facility located on Haney Road. They also catch lost dogs and reunite them with their owners.

For dog control services, call the BC Commissionaires at 250-545-8070 or email [email protected].

Dog Control Services Outside of the RDNO Service Area

  • The City of Enderby delivers dog control services within Enderby and the specified area of Area F.  Please call 250-838-0233 or email [email protected] for further information.  Dog licences may be purchased at Enderby City Hall at 619 Cliff Avenue in Enderby - please visit
  • Township of Spallumcheen Dog Control Bylaw - please visit