HomeServicesUtilitiesGreater Vernon Water → Water Emergencies/Leaks/Main Breaks

Water Emergencies / Leaks / Main Breaks

Water Main Break: 3517 - 40 Avenue

UPDATE 3:00pm - the repairs have been made and crews are currently flushing the lines. During the flushing of the lines, you may experience some turbidity in your residential lines.

Thank you for your patience during this repair.

Please be advised that we have a water main break at 3517 - 40 Avenue and crews are working on it.

The water is shut off and affects approximately 20 properties.

We apologize for this inconvenience and will advise once it has been repaired and the water is turned back on.

Water Main Emergency Contacts

For burst pipes on public property or similar water emergencies, call:

City of Vernon including RDNO Elecroral Areas "B", "C" and Stepping Stones (Spallumcheen):
After Hours / Weekends: 250-542-5361
Office Phone (Regular Hours): 250-549-6757
Weekday Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm

District of Coldstream including RDNO Electoral Area "D":
After Hours / Weekends: 250-550-1505
Office Phone (Regular Hours): 250-550-1505
Weekday Hours: Winter (Sept - May approx): 7:30am - 4:00pm / Summer (May - Sept approx): 7:00am - 3:30pm

Outback, Delcliffe and South Vernon Irrigation District:
After Hours / Weekends: 250-550-3186
Office Phone (Regular Hours): 250-550-3700
Weekday Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm

Turning Your Water Service On and Off

You may need to shut off your property’s water supply to find the source of a water leak or to do construction or renovation work that affects plumbing systems.  There is often a valve near the water meter you can use to control water flow inside your property but if you need to turn off the supply before that point you will need to contact the municipal public works office to have an Operator locate and turn off your service.  Only property owners can request a service call, unless it's an emergency.  When the Operator arrives, make sure that someone who can approve the service call fee is on site.

Water Service Call Out Fees

Fees are based on the scheduled time of the service call. Details on these fees can be found in Bylaw No. 2864, 2020.

Operator Service Fee
(includes call-outs during business hours, for meter inspections, meter re-reads / meter in / meter out, shut-off / turn-ons, per water sample request or other customer request that requires an operator site visit)

$65.00  per occasion (water sample request fee at the discretion of the Water Quality Manager, labratory fees not included)                                             

After Hours Call Out Fee    $90.00 per hour, minimum $180.00