HomeServicesUtilitiesWhitevale Water Utility → Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Program - Whitevale and Grindrod Customers

Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Program

Pilot Program for Whitevale and Grindrod Customers

It's now easier than ever to pay your utility bill with the RDNO. We've launched a Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Program. If you choose to sign up, the balance of your utility bill will be automatically withdrawn from your bank account on the
due date.

The Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Program is being launched in phases. This phase is for Whitevale and Grindrod water customers.

IMPORTANT: Once you have signed up, continue to pay your bill until a message on your bill says "Do not pay this bill the amount shown will be withdrawn from your account"

How to sign up

1. Fill out an application

If you are a Whitevale Water Customer, you will have received an application form in your latest utility bill. You can also fill out a digital form by clicking here.You must include a blank cheque marked VOID or a pre-authorized debit form from your bank.

2. Submit the application to the RDNO

Mail or email your completed form with the required documents to the RDNO. Mailing Address: 9848 Aberdeen Road Coldstream, BC V1B 2K9

Email Address: [email protected]

3. Look for confirmation on your next bill 

When you receive your next utility bill from the RDNO, look for a note on the bill that "do not pay this bill the amount shown will be withdrawn from your account" 

Change or Cancel

If you wish to change or cancel your particaption in the Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Program and/or if you sell your property, notification of cancellation is required at least 10 days in advance of the next withdrawal date. Download the form here.


We would be happy to help. Call the RDNO Finance Department at 250.550.3700 or email [email protected].

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign up?
Sign up for the Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Program by filling out the application form. It must be signed and accompanied by either a blank cheque marked VOID or a Pre-Authorized Debit form from your bank. A separate application form is required for each RDNO Utility Billing account. If you prefer you can fill out a fillable form.

What amount will be deducted?
The deduction amount will depend on your Utility Bill balance. This amount may change each billing period for multiple reasons, such as a change in your water consumption. The total amount will be deducted unless your Utility Account shows a credit balance.

How will my bank account be charged?
The balance shown on your utility bill will be taken out of your bank account on the due date shown on your bill. The RDNO does not charge for this service; however, your bank or financial institution may charge for your withdrawal(s), depending on the type of account you have.

What if I switch bank accounts to another branch or financial institution?
You must contact the RDNO in writing at least 10 days in advance of any bank account changes. You can do this by email at [email protected] or by mail: 9848 Aberdeen Road, Coldstream, BC V1B 2K9.

If I sign up for the Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Program, can I stop a payment?
Yes, contact our finance department to cancel payments. We must receive notice in writing at least 10 business days in advance of the next withdrawal date noted on your bill. Once you cancel the Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Program, any balance due will be payable directly to the RDNO. Once your payment information has been removed, you will have to re-apply to re-join the Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Program in the future.

What if my payment is returned by the bank?
A service charge for any dishonoured payments will apply. The service charge is set by the RDNO Misc. Fees Bylaw (the current fee is $25). After two consecutive dishonoured payments, or if a payment is returned due to a closed account, you will be removed from the Pre-Authorized Payment Program.

What if I sell my property or want to cancel my pre-authorized payments?
Payments do not automatically stop when you sell your property. You can cancel your Utility Pre-Authorized payments by contacting the RDNO Finance Department at least 10 business days before the next withdrawal date at 250.550.3700 or [email protected].

How do I know when my pre-authorized payments begin?
Once you’ve finished this form and have sent it to the RDNO, keep paying your utility bill until the bill has a note that says “Do not pay this bill. The amount shown will be withdrawn from your account on the due date indicated.”