Bylaws are the rules and regulations by which local governments operate.
- An official community plan is a local government bylaw that provides objectives and policies to guide decisions on planning and land use management within the area covered by the plan.
- Zoning bylaws govern how development may occur in specified zones of the Regional District.
- “Good neighbour” bylaws, such as unsightly premises, dog control, or excessive noise, are in place to permit residents the enjoyment of their properties without negatively impacting others.
Regional District of North Okanagan (RDNO) bylaws are in place to develop and maintain a safe and livable environment for all residents of the North Okanagan.
The following list of Bylaws has been made available for general information purposes. These are not official documents. They have have been consolidated for your convenience only. If you have any questions or are making business decisions please contact the Regional District for confirmation.
This is not a complete listing of RDNO bylaws. Bylaws posted on this website have been CONSOLIDATED for your convenience, and are provided for INFORMATION ONLY. Contact us to obtain official certified copies of bylaws.
A bylaw for the administration and enforcement of the British Columbia Building Code.
A bylaw establishing Development Application Procedures and Administrative Fees
- Development Application Procedures and Administrative Fees
- Schedule B1 - Schedule of Fees
- Application for OCP Amendment
- Application for Zoning Amendment
- Application for OCP and Zoning Amendment
- Application for Development Permit / Development Variance Permit
- Mobile Home Park Development/Expansion Permit
- Strata Subdivision Application
A bylaw to regulate the keeping of dogs, provide for fixing, imposing and collecting licence fees, and establishing and regulating a dog pound.
Area “F” Official Community Plan for future land use based on a set of comprehensive social, environmental, and economic objectives.
- Schedule A to Electoral Area "F" Official Community Plan
- Schedule D to Electoral Area “F” Official Community Plan – Kingfisher Local Area Plan
- Figure 1 - Electoral Area F
- Figure 2 - Agricultural Land Reserve & Slope Analysis
- Figure 3 - Land Use & Soil Capability for Agriculture
- Figure 5 - Public Open Space
- Figure 6 - Land Capability for Recreation
- Figure 7 - Major Road Network
- Figure 8 - Land Use & Capability for Forestry
- Figure 9 - Mineral Deposits - Mining
- Figure 10 - Land Capability for Fish & Wildlife
- Figure 11 - Flood Plain/Hazard Lands
- Figure 12 - Major Utility Corridors
Area “B” Official Community Plan for future land use based on a set of comprehensive social, environmental, and economic objectives.
A bylaw of the Regional District of North Okanagan to adopt an Official Community Plan for Electoral Areas “D” and “E”.
A bylaw to detail the five year financial plan from 2012 to 2016
a bylaw to impose Development Cost Charges for providing and improving park land within the Greater Vernon Parks and Recreation District Designation Area 1.
A bylaw to regulate and control the use of all parks within the Greater Vernon Parks, Recreation & Culture service area.
A bylaw to establish user rates and a billing process for the Greater Vernon Water Utility.
A bylaw to impose Development Cost Charges for providing Water Facilities within the Greater Vernon Water Utility Service Area.
A Bylaw to Regulate Greater Vernon Water Utility Waterworks
A bylaw of the Regional District of North Okanagan to establish a local service area for the supply, treatment, conveyance, storage and distribution of water for the Grindrod Area.
A bylaw to establish a local service area for the supply, conveyance and distribution of community water to the Gunter-Ellison Road area of Electoral Area "F".
A Bylaw to Regulate Land Development that Connects to the Greater Vernon Water Utility Waterworks
A bylaw to establish a service area in and for the Mabel Lake Community in Electoral Area “F” for the purpose of providing domestic water service.
A Bylaw to regulate the establishment, extension, design, maintenance and servicing of manufactured home communities.
A bylaw to regulate the use of Regional District Recycling and Disposal Facilities and set fees for the recycling and disposal of municipal solid waste at Regional District of North Okanagan Recycling and Disposal Facilities.
A bylaw to regulate and prohibit the making or causing of noises and sounds within the Regional District of North Okanagan.
A Bylaw to control infestation by noxious and destructive Insects.
A bylaw to establish fees and charges for the control of Noxious Weeds.
A bylaw to regulate outdoor open air fires within the fire protection area’s of Electoral Area’s “B” & “C”
A bylaw to establish user rates and a billing process for the curb side collection of recyclable materials.
A bylaw of the Regional District of North Okanagan to regulate the proceedings of the Board of Directors and the conduct thereof.
A bylaw for Regional District of North Okanagan to adopt a Regional Growth Strategy
A Bylaw to Amend the Regional Water Supply and Water Distribution Services
A Bylaw to regulate cross connections to the greater Vernon Water Utility
A bylaw to regulate metering of water by the Greater Vernon Water Utility (GVWU)
Rural Vernon Official Community Plan. The Rural Vernon Official Community Plan has been amended to require Development Permits prior to development in designated wildfire interface areas.
A bylaw to impose fees for the Regional District Septage Utility
A bylaw to provide for an exemption to the fire safety control measures within the fire limits around the community of Silver Star Mountain.
Silver Star Official Community Plan Bylaw No. 1925, 2004
A bylaw of the Regional District of North Okanagan to convert and establish a local service area for the supply, treatment, conveyance, storage and distribution of water for Silver Star Village
A bylaw to impose rates for the Silver Star Village Water Specified Area.
Silver Star Zoning Bylaw No. 1926, 2004
A bylaw to impose rates for Small Water Utilities including Grindrod, Gunter-Ellison, Mabel Lake Water and Sewer, and Whitevale.
A bylaw to impose fees for screened, composted yard waste at the Greater Vernon Recycling and Disposal Facility (RDNO-Gro)
A Bylaw to regulate and require the provision of services in respect of the subdivision of land within Electoral Areas “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”, and “F”.
A bylaw to prohibit unsightly premises and visual nuisances.
A Bylaw of the Vernon Irrigation District for the regulation, distribution and use of water, and for prescribing penalties for non-compliance with the regulations.
A Bylaw of the Vernon Irrigation District respecting the installation of works within subdivisions of land within the boundaries of the Vernon Irrigation District.
A bylaw to regulate the use of water in part of the Regional District of North Okanagan
bylaw to impose development cost charges for that area of the Regional District including participating municipalities.
A bylaw to establish a service area within Electoral Area "D" of the Regional District of North Okanagan for the purpose of providing the local service of a community water supply.
Zoning Bylaw 1888, 2003 replaces Zoning Bylaw 725, 1986. Bylaw 1888 is available for viewing by clicking on the links below. If you have any questions concerning the bylaw please call or visit the Development Services Department.
- Zoning Bylaw No. 1888.2003 - TEXT
- Schedule “B” - Off-Street Parking
- Schedule “C” - Off-Street Loading
- Schedule “D” - Campground Regulations
- Schedule “E” - Signage Provisions
- Schedule “F” - Screening and Landscaping
- Schedule “G” - Agricultural Setbacks in Rural Zones
- Schedule “H” - Water Body Provisions