Make holiday memories that are free of garbage, with holiday waste reduction tips. Our partners at Metro Vancouver have created a helpful website resource that can help you find hundreds of low-waste gift and wrapping ideas:
More holiday waste reduction tips:
- Christmas light strings that are no longer working can be recycled at depots that accept light fixtures; find these locations and a wide range of recycling and waste reduction options on the RDNO What Goes Where Guide.
- Natural Christmas trees (decorations and tinsel removed) are accepted free of charge in the Yard & Garden Waste area at RDNO Diversion & Disposal Facilities. Other local Christmas Tree Chipping events will be posted later in December at: rcbc.ca.
- Most packaging and paper products are accepted in the Recycle BC curbside and depot programs, learn more with the Recycle BC Holiday Recycling Guide. But remember, its even better to reduce and reuse!
- Reduce holiday food waste with tips from: Love Food Hate Waste.
- Avoid single-use, choose reusable cloth napkins and containers for leftovers (encourage company to bring their own containers). Also, consider decorations that can last many years...