Register a Bylaw Complaint

How to Register a Complaint

Complaints are received through our online form, by mail, e-mail, phone, fax and in-person at our office at 9848 Aberdeen Road in Coldstream.   The complainant must provide their name, address and contact information. If your complaint is regarding a dog, please see our Dog Control pageAnonymous complaints will not be responded to. 

Considerations When Initiating a Complaint:

Complainant information is considered confidential and will not be released except where necessary in a Court of Law. 

After a complaint has been registered, a Bylaw Enforcement Officer will conduct an initial investigation to determine the appropriate course of action. Bylaw Enforcement Officers are responsible for the identification, investigation, and attempted resolution of bylaw violations, in order to achieve compliance with Regional District bylaws.

Complaints can often be resolved amicably between neighbours. Therefore, Bylaw Enforcement Officers will, at times, recommend that residents attempt to resolve issues on their own.

Bylaw Enforcement Officers have the authority to issue municipal tickets or Bylaw Offence Notices.

Bylaw Complaint Form