Filling out an application form

Development Applications

Considering Development?

If you are contemplating new development or re-development of an existing property, it is important to check the Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw for your area.  Depending on the nature of your proposal there may be different approval processes that apply. Please contact the planning department to determine if your project requires approval prior to submitting an application.

Regional District of North Okanagan Development Application Procedures and Administrative Fees Bylaw No. 2677, 2018

Development Applications

Silver Star Specific Development Guidelines:

Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR): 

The Provincial Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) is an independent Crown agency dedicated to protecting the scarce supply of agricultural land that is important to the current and future needs of British Columbia.  The ALR covers approximately 4.7 million hectares. It includes private and public lands that may be farmed, forested or vacant land.  Some ALR blocks cover thousands of hectares while others are small pockets of only a few hectares.  Properties within the ALR are subject to the rules and regulations of the Agricultural Land Commission Act.   To confirm whether your property is in the ALR please contact us.

Planning to connect to an RDNO water utility?

The Regional District of North Okanagan (RDNO) Utilities Department is recommending property owners wanting to build, develop, or connect to Greater Vernon Water, Silver Star Water, Mabel Lake Water, Mabel Lake Sewer, Grindrod Water, or Whitevale Water submit a Development Inquiry Application.  Read the Development and Service Connection Information handout here or contact the Utilities Department at our office.

Developing near watercourses?

If you are proposing to carry out any works within 30 m of any watercourse (lakes, creeks, wetlands, ponds, springs and ravines) the Provincial Riparian Areas Protection Regulations (RAPR) may apply.