Dog Control & Licensing Information

Dog Control Bylaw No. 2881 provides for dog control in the Greater Vernon/White Valley service area, which includes the City of Vernon, District of Coldstream, Village of Lumby, Electoral Areas “B” and “C” and part of Electoral Area “D”.  

Dog Control Officers respond to dog-related complaints and operate the pound facility located on Haney Road. They also reunite lost dogs with their owners.

For dog control services, submit a dog incident report using our online form.

File a Dog Incident Report

To contact RDNO Dog Control,  call 250-541-3647(DOGS), or email 

Read: RDNO Dog Control's Top 5 Reasons to Leash up

How do I pay a ticket?

Frequently Asked Questions

City of Enderby/Electoral Area "F"

The City of Enderby provides dog control services within the City of Enderby and a specified area of Electoral Area "F". Dog licences may be purchased at Enderby City Hall. Please contact the City of Enderby for further information by calling 250-838-0233, emailing, or visit their website

Township of Spallumcheen

The Township of Spallumcheen provides dog control services within the boundaries of the Township of Spallumcheen.  Please visit for more information.