- Conducts reviews of building permit applications for conformance with BC Building Code requirements, development bylaws, and other related regulations to protect the health and safety of the general public where the construction of buildings or structures is involved
- Promotes proper building procedures to further protect the interests of owners of new construction
- Provides broad public benefits by ensuring safer buildings and neighbourhoods
- Acts as a reliable and consistent source of information when difficult or complex circumstances arise during the construction of new buildings
- Reviews building permit applications, issues permits, and conducts inspections throughout the various stages of construction
- Provides site specific inspection service at the request of permit holders
Mabel Lake Water (MLW), in conjunction with Interior Health, advises customers supplied by Mabel Lake Water they are on a Precautionary Boil Water Notice (BWN) as of June 26, 2022.