The Greater Vernon Athletics Park offers track and field facilities, throw and jump areas, and houses both a synthetic and a natural turf field. The Athletics Park is FREE for general public use. Fees only apply to groups or individuals interested in booking one or more of the amenities for exclusive use. The track is open from dawn to dusk.
Access to the facility is through the entrance to the Okanagan College campus, off of College Way, Please use the upper parking lot. Limited parking is available in the Okanagan College parking lot along the fenceline to the field. Please look for appropriate signage to ensure you are parking in the right area.
Special Track Shoes are not required, wear your regular CLEAN running shoes.
Track Etiquette & Passing Other Runners
- Pass on the left, calling out “TRACK” before you pass to allow slower runner the chance to move to the right.es are reserved for walkers and/or runners.
- Stretching should be done well away from track lanes.
- If you choose to run/walk with music, you should keep one ear free, or volume low enough, so you are aware of your surroundings.
- Direction of run and walk is counter-clockwise
- Fast Runners: two inside lanes (Lanes 1 & 2)
- Moderate Runners/Joggers: three inner lanes (Lanes 3, 4, 5)
- Walkers: three outer most lanes (Lanes 6, 7, 8)
- 4 laps = one mile
- 2.5 laps = one kilometre
- Innermost lane (Lane 1) – 400 metres
- Outermost lane (Lane 8) – 450 metres
For bookings or schedule inquiries, please contact Vernon Recreation Services at 250-550-3678 or email@example.com