Barking Dog

File a dog complaint

Submit a Dog Control Complaint

Dog Control Service is intended to promote responsible dog ownership, accountability, and public safety. RDNO Dog Control Officers are responsible for all aspects of the care and control of dogs,  including dog licensing, bylaw enforcement issues such as barking complaints, care and handling, off-leash infractions, and aggressive dog investigations. 

To report a Dog Control Bylaw concern, please submit an online report. 

File a Dog Incident

File a barking complaint

We acknowledge that excessive barking can impact the quality of life for residents. An excessive or unreasonable amount of barking noise by dogs disturbs neighbourhoods. The standard for excessive barking, howling, or yelping is 5 minutes of continuous noise or 15 minutes of sporadic noise.
To file a complaint with us you must cite at least four (4) dates and times to demonstrate there is an ongoing issue. You are required to have exact times and duration of barking to have a valid complaint. 

Dog Barking Complaint Form 

Animal Humane/Cruelty Concerns and Emergencies

All animal humane/cruelty concerns, including dogs in hot vehicles, must be directed to the BC SPCA at 1-855-622-7722. Please see detailed information from BCSPCA. If you observe a dog or pet left in a hot vehicle, in an emergency situation call 9-1-1.

Dog Control services include vicious dog attacks on a person or animal, or dogs in medical distress. Dogs barking or running at large are considered non-emergency dog control situations.

Contact Us

250-541-3647 (DOGS)